Gallery of past work

Saturday 30 March 2013

Colour Play

I've been having fun with some simple little ink pattern and colour exercises derived from my Thai textile samples.

As it was all so simple, I explored further in Photoshop, changing the hues and playing with layers.

First there was this, with reds and oranges predominant .....


.... and then there was this, with the hues changed to the blue spectrum ....


.... and then this, with the blue version layered over the red ....


Extraordinary how the way the eye is drawn in the piece is changed just by altering the colour. Of course, I know that from studying colour theory , but it's good to play and remind myself how it works occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.