Gallery of past work

Monday 28 October 2013

Autumn Gold

Recent mild autumn weather has had me out with my camera and searching for autumnal photos. Here are a few to tempt ...

A local hedgerow ...


The Colne Valley ...


... and the wonders of Westonbirt Arboretum - both the last two in Gloucestershire ...


Soon we're off to Aberdeenshire in Scotland - always a favourite place for us and a place where the autumn colours sing. I think it's the combination of the low, gentle northern light, the regular frosts and the mixed woodland. Acid green larches stand next to delicious copper beeches and Scots pine. 

My camera is waiting to be packed so more may follow.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you joy up there. I has been too long since I was in Aberdeenshire. The larch, the rowan, the ash, the birch, ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have now returned after a beautiful week - wonderful colours and the last few days more than a hint of winter - so despite all we're glad to be home.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a beautiful trip, I hope you'll enjoy every minute of it. In fact, I wish I could see that place too, autumn is my favourite season. Lovely photographs, btw. The third one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots more photos to follow when I've had time to download, digest and post - but a great time was had. Every time we go, I remember how beautiful it is in Aberdeenshire.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful time - I'm sure your camera will be quite busy. We just got back from the Nevada desert and the light was golden the whole time we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah now, the Nevada dessert. How I'd like to go there one day - an altogether different place ... Our american friends talk so much of the beauty of the west coast.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.