Gallery of past work

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Our Stars Hazelhurst Regional Gallery

Following a link on Facebook from a friend (FB does have its uses!), I came across these wonderful examples of Aboriginal art currently to be seen at the Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Art Centre, New South Wales in the Nganampa Kililpil: Our Stars exhibition.




The wonderful vibrancy of colour and movement of these pieces had me captivated. I saw similar in the Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art and various other venues during our visit to Australia a year ago but none surpassed the rich colour and complexity of this work. How I would love to be able to go and see it in person!

My only regret is that I'm unable to credit these wonderful artists properly as I can't find individual attributions for the works anywhere. 


6 comments:

  1. magnifique! je ne peux pas suivre sur facebook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour votre commentaire, Elfi. Moi, je ne poste jamais sur Facebook mais il m'aide rester en contact avec ma fille et certains de mes amies et de temps en temps je vois un délice comme ça.

      Delete
  2. I first saw Australian Aboriginal paintings many years ago in London at the Rebecca Hossack Gallery, and I believe she still exhibits them - although I have not been there for ages.
    http://www.rebeccahossack.com/about/about-the-gallery/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears that indeed Rebecca Hossack does still exhibit Aboriginal paintings and in fact has a collection of them. I think I need a trip to London from deepest Wiltshire! There are several galleries I want to visit and I'v added her name to my list.

      Delete
  3. I saw these too ( in fact I think I shared them via the Quilters Tea Shop) and they had me captivated too. And another friend here in MK was really taken with them and I think they may have set hares racing. Yes, you have to admit it, but FB has its uses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea where my friend found the link. Maybe via Quilters' Tea Shop? I will ask her ...

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.